Anyone who is a permanent resident of Chandigarh / Mohali / Panchkula, Zirakpur, Peer Machhala, Chandimandir, Mullanpur, Nayagaon can become the member of the library. Persons other than school students have to get their form attested by a Gazetted Officer posted in Chandigarh/Mohali/Panchkula. School students must get their form attested by Principal of their institution. Full names of the attesting authority should be mentioned in block letters. Banks/corporations/University/Boards/Retd. persons will be considered in general category.
|Library Security (Refundable)|
|For Individual Membership||Rs. 625.00|
|For Institutional Membership||Rs. 2000.00|
|For Branch Library, Badheri, Sector 41, Chandigarh||Rs. 250.00|
- Two books or one book & one CD or Two CD’s & Two Magazine will be allowed to lend.
- Institutions will be provided 5 ID cards.
- Institutions will be allowed to borrow 10 books at a time for the period of 14 days.
- Rs. 5/- shall be charged on issue of every VCD.
- All books are for lending except the books, which are not available in the lending section or the books, marked as “ Reference”
- Borrower will be allowed maximum 14 days to hold the book from the date of issue (in case of VCD’s – 2 days).
- Senior Citizen Members can get four books/CD's issued for 30 days in addition to two Magazine.
- Re-issue of the book will be allowed for next 14 days (no re-issue in case of VCD’s).
- Rupee 1/- will be charged as fine per day for late return of the book(in case of VCD’s – Rupee 5 per day).
- In case of loss or damage of the book or VCD, the same will have to be replaced or the price of the book or VCD has to be deposited.
- Lending cards are not transferable.
- Authority may relax or modify the aforesaid rules at any time for smooth service in the section.
- Besides above each member should abide by the general rules and regulations of the library.
- Circulation and Children Section: 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM. (Monday to Sunday)
- Reference Section: 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM.(Monday To Sunday)
- Reading Section: 8.00 AM to 8.00 PM. (Monday to Sunday)
- Magazine Section: 8.00 AM to 8.00 PM. (Monday to Sunday)
- Library will remain closed on all Gazetted holidays of U. T., Chd.